*Available by PO payments only, please email info@STEMCenterUSA.com for a quote. The listed price is for a Medium Size Classroom Bundle.*
The Classroom Bundle comes in three sizes:
Small: 4 Premium Kits (includes 4 micro:bits + Stacking Container + Classroom Supplies & Tools) (for 8-12 students); Cost: $799
Medium: 8 Premium Kits (includes 8 micro:bits + 2 Stacking Containers + Classroom Supplies & Tools) (for 16-24 students); Cost: $1575
Large: 12 Premium Kits (includes 12 micro:bits + 3 Stacking Containers + Classroom Supplies & Tools) (for 24-36 students); Cost: $2349
More about the Hummingbird Bit:
Inspire deep and joyful learning with the new micro:bit-powered Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kit! The Hummingbird Robotics Kit is comprised of lights, sensors, and motors which allow students to build a robot out of any materials. The power of Hummingbird is in its flexibility - the same reusable kit can animate a poem, model the human arm, build an autonomous rover, or create a pinball machine. Hummingbird epitomizes a low-floor, high-ceiling approach: absolute beginners can build & program a robot in minutes, but continue learning advanced engineering & programming for years.
All Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kits include:
- Free classroom-tested and standards-aligned learning materials, such as programming tutorials, lesson plans, and printable student activities.
- Out-of-the-box compatibility with all laptops and most tablets.
- Free software that is tested to work with school IT environments.
- Support for 4 blocks-based and 3 text-based programming environments, including Makecode, Python, and Java.
- Electrically protected connectors that allow students to easily add multiple motors, sensors, and LEDs without risk of harm due to incorrect connections.
- Options for online and in-person professional development, including classroom and school district curriculum integration planning.
- Classroom-ready packaging, including sturdy cases, sorting compartments, and stackable containers.
- Products that have been created and validated by National Science Foundation-funded research at Carnegie Mellon University and tested in classrooms with teachers and students.
*If you plan to use the Bit with Windows/Mac with Snap!, Python, or Java, you will need to purchase an additional dongle for each controller. *
Hummingbird Bit Premium Kit Contents:
- 1 - Bit Controller
- 1 - MicroBit
- 1 - Terminal Tool
- 1 - 4xAA Battery Holder
- 1 - Green LED
- 1 - Red LED
- 1 - Yellow LED
- 2 - Tri-color LED
- 2 - FS5103B servo
- 2 - FS5103R servo
- 2 - Servo wheels
- 2 - Lego adapters
- 4 - 50 cm servo Extension cables
- 1 - Light sensor
- 1 - Sound Sensor
- 1 - Distance Sensor
- 1 - Rotary Sensor
- 1 - User Manual
- 1 - Premium Kit Case
- 1 - MicroBit USB-MicroUSB Cable